Friday, October 24, 2008

Look whooo's joining our Family Tree

My Sisters Patty and Linda along with my Sister-in-laws Janene and Syd helped me throw a baby shower for my nephew's wife Robyn a few weeks ago. When I called my niece Holly about drawing up some invitations and told her what we had in mind, (a baby owl in a pink diaper standing on a branch with the words Look whoooo's baby is joining our family tree written on it) she laughed and said I have something that sounds just like what you described. All she had to do was make a few color changes, rewrite the text and voila we had these adorable invites!


The centerpiece for our food table....owls of course!


Since Robyn loves pasta we had a Pasta bar with grilled chicken and three kinds of sauces... Pesto, Alfredo and Marinara. We also had salad and bread sticks from Olive Garden....Yum!

Cheery Cherry Italian Soda's

These are the favors we made to match the trees on our invitations. We filled them with pink chocolate covered sunflower seeds, then placed them in a container from pottery barn that was covered in aspen bark resembling the trunk of a quaking aspen tree.

I set up 5 folding tables in my living/dining room so we could play baby bunko. Some of our guest have never played before including my girls, some of my nieces and my 82 year old mother! We had a blast! The prizes were gift cards to use at some of the places Robyn has been craving during her pregnancy, like.... Noodles, Cafe Rio, and 7-11 for hot chocolate:)

Besides playing baby bunko we played a game where everyone was given a binky necklace to wear at the first of the night. If you heard someone say the words baby or cute you could steal their binky. This was hilarious because trying to take the word cute out of the Atwood family vocabulary is just....well wrong! Karli came in second place with 8 binky's

Trisha beat her with nine!

Ashley & Jamie waiting for Robyn to open all her presents

"Look at all these presents!"

Presents....presents

and more Presents!

This present is from future grammie linnie winnie, the tag says.... For your night owl! Inside.... lots of bedtime stuff that will hopefully help baby zzzzz

This one says... For your hOOTer's ha ha ha....yep you guessed it....nursing essentials... nice!

all the baby goodness!

2 comments:

Karli said...

that was a fun shower. she got so many cute presents!

Amazed said...

Oh my gosh...you guys really ARE the party queens! How did you even think up the owl theme? Darling!