Sunday, September 21, 2008

Thirty years ago today....

September 21, 1978

Thirty years ago today Pat & I went out on our first date! He had only been home from his mission a couple of weeks and I had just turned 18 sixteen days earlier ....Wow! While it is hard for me to believe that it was really that long ago, some of the details of that night seem like it was only yesterday. Here are some things I remember....

Movie we went to: Heaven Can Wait
He was driving: His brother's stupid truck
I was wearing: Black dress with cream lace yoke
He was wearing: Black corduroy dress pants with matching vest, white shirt & tie
Why we were so dressed up: We went to a wedding reception of a close friend of Pat's before the movie. It was a pretty exciting Wedding reception, considering that back then all wedding receptions were pretty much created equal and a little on the boring side. Anyway.... the Bride & Groom jumped from an airplane and parachuted down to the golf course to the cheering crowd below.....Us!

Here are some things that I wrote in my journal that night.... Pat held my hand during the movie.... alright! The movie was great ! I loved it so much. He was so good looking, cute, nice etc... I hope he calls me again:) ha ha ha obviously he did!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Lisa this is awesome! this pleases me

Karli said...

haha he held your hand on your first date?

Patrick Davies said...

What... I thought for sure you'd record in your journal how you had me catch that cute little kitten for you?

paulnmea said...

Wow. He moved pretty fast. Aren't you so thankful you listened to all those Y.Women lessons about writing in your journal? Those memories can be passed on to your grandbabies. So funny.

Justin said...

Wow Dad -- you quick mover you! Jeez...