Monday, June 16, 2008

Five Stars for Five Guys!


FIVE GUYS IS HERE!
I found this little gem of an eating establishment almost 3 years ago. Here's how it happened.... My Dad was invited to a World War II reunion in Washington DC along with the other men from his squadron. My siblings and I thought it would be fun to go back and enjoy this awesome experience with him, so along with all our spouses we did just that. We spent five days together sightseeing and enjoying each others company in that beautiful historic city. A few days into our trip I turned 45 along with my twin sister Linda, so we decided to plan a little birthday celebration. We rented a limo to take us to dinner and then on to tour some of the monuments at night. Our limo driver was a little late picking us up so we asked him if he knew of a good burger joint where we could go for a quick bite to eat. He got a big smile on his face and said "I know just the place" and then he drove us to 5 guys. We all loved it!!!! We had no idea that this was a chain back East, we just thought it was a little hole in the wall restaurant and the only one of it's kind. It wasn't until Pat, Justin and Jake went on their trip back East last Summer that I found out we were wrong about that. They ate at a Five guys in Philadelphia, on the outer banks in North Carolina, and Atlanta Georgia.
Now not only were Pat and I big fans, but Jake and Justin were as well, and they have been anxiously awaiting the day they would come to town. So when Linda told me this morning that today was that day, we all made a mad dash to Five Guys! Oh how I love a good burger and fries... now if only they were good for you.

If you share my love of a good hamburger then I suggest you get your buns there (pun intended) and see for yourself how good this place really is! Here are a few things you should know before you go...
If you dont want a double patty then order the little burger, anything else comes double.
Don't be fooled by the french fries they are better than they look!
If you make your own fry sauce they will come and take a picture of you and your homemade concoction to send to corporate! ha ha ha

Grand Opening

Utah's first Five Guys

Below are some of the photos from our September 2005 DC trip....so fun!

Limo ride to Five Guys and our night tour of the monuments seen below


Lincoln Monument


Jefferson Monument

Vietnam Memorial

Theodore Roosevelt Monument

Happy Birthday to me and my twin!

My Dad the World War II Pilot wearing his cute aviation cap

The whole family at the World War II Memorial

I know... I'm tricky:)


5 comments:

Justin said...

Oh Five Guys, how I love you so.

Bonus points for the pictures of my soon-to-be home.

Emily Call said...

so fun. My mom was telling me how yummy it is... I can't wait to check it out!

Holly said...

Yum, I'll have to try it.

Amazed said...

Oh my gosh....this has to be on my to-do list this week. Those fries look to-die-for. I've never been but I drove past.....thanks for treating me to a new discovery! And I LOVED how you could hold the Washington Monument in your hand. You are AMAZING!!!!! So talented.

heather said...

Why weren't we invited to dinner at 5 guys with Davies and Winnies? It looks like fun!