Monday, June 9, 2008

Thousand Dollar Day

I spent a thousand dollars today and I didn't even get to enjoy it! You know what I'm talking about.... when you have to spend money on something that you weren't planning on buying but have to buy it anyway.  Now I know I should look on the bright side and be happy... after all it could have been worse, but for some silly reason I'm not happy about it!
Here is what I HAD to spend my money on today.

New rear brake pads, resurfaced front 
brake pads, oil change & tires rotated $271.99
New motor for the upstairs air conditioner. I guess I need to be grateful for the below average temperatures we have had so far this Summer, since this is the air conditioner that keeps us cool while we sleep.  The few hot nights we did have a couple of weeks ago reminded me that this needed to be fixed! asap
New motor = $808.00

Grand Total in under an hour  $1079.99

I hope this isn't a new Summer tradition!  Last June in just a matter of two weeks I had the appliances shown below go out on me as well.


Washing machine died and I had to get a new one. Call me crazy but I hate dirty clothes!


After having my dishwasher fixed a couple of times and then washing the dishes by hand for 2 months, I finally broke down and bought a new one. It was either that or eat out for the rest of our lives.  I'm starting to second guess my decision.


My vacuum wouldn't work and had to be fixed. This drove me crazy after a few days. I looooove my vacuum! 
The air conditioner on the main level had to be repaired. Thank goodness it didn't need a new motor!

As much as I complain about spending money on appliances, I would absolutely hate to live without them! So I guess I should quit my whining.... but just look at what I could have bought myself today instead :)

This awesome anniversary ring that I found at a high end jewelry store last year, and then recently found it on Overstock for about half the price. 


Two tickets to New York along with a couple of tickets to a broadway play



Some really cute clothes from Anthropologie


Two tickets to my favorite place in the world ....Maui!

Three nights at the Grand Wailea.... Woo Hoo!



Cute clothes from J. Crew!

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh


7 comments:

Karli said...

I can't wait until our AC is fixed! Maybe you will hit the jackpot in vegas and we can go shopping :)

Emily Call said...

sad! I hate having to spend money on things like that.

Holly said...

Yuck! No fun! We're trying to come up with $3,000 to spend on registering copyrights for our artwork, so companies that copy our artwork can't sue us. How Boring!

robyn said...

Thanks so much Lisa! We are so excited! And a big huge thanks for all your help trying to help me figure out what to do, I could not have done it without you! oh and no fun spending $1000 on that! Bummer!

Brooke said...

Man, that is the worst!!!

Amazed said...

You know what....I thought I heard a lot of whining coming from across the street so I thought it was a good reason to break out the cheese and crackers. Always good with "whine."


I'm with you on all those fun things you COULD have had. But I know you're feeling blessed just to have the moola to fix what needs to be fixed, huh?

Justin said...

You forgot to list "lots of awesome stuff for Justin"