Sunday, November 16, 2008

"The Big Apple" of my eye

Sometimes I day dream that I live in a cozy loft
somewhere in Manhattan.

A loft that looks a little something like this

with a balcony that has a view

of this!
Since the odds of me ever living there are pretty much zero to none, I guess I would be happy just settling with a trip to the big apple.

I would love to see Central Park in Fall

I would rent a boat from the boathouse that was
featured in the movie Twenty Seven Dresses

then float along the river to see the beautiful fall foliage
.....ahhhh

I would like to stay at the Plaza Hotel where Kevin lived it up in the movie Home Alone 2

Which is conveniently located across the street from Central Park making it easy for me to spend a couple of days just wandering through it searching for all the famous landmarks.

Of course I would also visit the regular historic sights that are mandatory while in Manhattan, but here are some other things I would like to do while I am there....

Go to Carmines in the Theater District for a delicious Italian dinner...Family style:D

Then after dinner walk down the street to the theater and see the play that I have been wanting to see since it opened... Wicked!
I would also like to visit the LDS Temple. Last time I was there I went to a Sacrament meeting that was held in the same building. We took an elevator up to the Chapel, where we had a nice view of the city during our testimony meeting....it was awesome! We also introduced ourselves to Jane Clayson who was a member of the ward we were visiting.... she was nice:)
I would grab a quick lunch at Grays Papaya's
while shopping in SoHo

Then treat myself to a nice dinner at Mr. Chow's
and hope that Mr. Chow would bring me the Chicken Satay's again:D This is how it works....he comes out to your table to meet you and get a feel for what kind of food you like, then a little while later out comes your meal which is a total surprise! I lucked out and got these tasty treats that are melt in your mouth delicious!!!

For my sugar fix I would get some cupcakes
from Magnolia's

and stop at Dylan's candy bar... not so much for the real candy but for the eye candy!

Then on to Serendipity's for.....

their famous frozen hot chocolate! If you haven't seen the movie Serendipity you need to watch it.... I Love Love Love it!!

The window displays in this town are magical, making window shopping almost every bit as fun as the real thing!

In fact I had my first Anthropologie
encounter in Manhattan
It happened several years ago on a cold and snowy December night while trying to keep up with the hustle and bustle of the Holiday crowd. The pavement was slightly wet from the gently falling snow when suddenly it started to glow. Glancing up....there it stood shining like a beacon signaling me from across the street. It's giant window display's beaming like a glittering star inviting me to step inside to get warm and shop for awhile....which I cordially did;)

Another really cool store I discovered was
ABC Carpet & Home.

It is located in this really cool old warehouse a few blocks from where our taxi driver almost ran over a pedestrian (but that is a whole other blog post)
anyway this store was a fun discovery that was filled with 5 or 6 stories of overpriced gorgeous eclectic goodies, all of which wanted to come home and live with me


....or maybe I could just live there:D

7 comments:

Emily Call said...

Can I come with you?

Linda :) said...

Hey wait that is MY dream. And the WE in this story is YOU & ME!! Oh yea its probably because we are TWINS :) And We like the same things. Can I just copy your post? P. S. When are we going? signed... Two bodies One brain. :)

Patrick Davies said...

So that's the problem. I knew it. You each only have 1/2 a brain. Thanks Linda for finally explaining the problem.

paulnmea said...

Tell Pat he needs to help out with that dream...oh and invite me while he's at it!! ha ha. And I still remember my first visit to Anthropologie when I lived in Boston. Soooo dreamy.

Amazed said...

Okay, I'm so onboard for this trip!Really, I've only spent a grand total of about 6 hours in New York City! Well, and then I fell down the escalator at the airport but that doesn't count. I want to do EVERYTHING you said. I REALLY want fall in Central Park and frozen hot chocolate...and...everything! And I will even be your maid servant and carry your bags...if you don't mind me tripping over them a few...

Lisa said...

You are all invited!....Well everyone except Pat:)

Honk's Thoughts said...

I feel like I don't even need to go now, cuz I feel like I just went. What an awesome description! Honk