Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Birthday Boy

John Rae

Happy Birthday to the best Dad in the world!

Traits I got from my Dad....straight hair, straight teeth, skinny ankles:)

Traits I didn't get from my Dad...quick wit, brown eyes, dark olive skin:(


Things I love about my Dad....


I love that my Dad doesn't act his age (87) but more like he is 77 or should I say 67?!

I love that my Dad went to work on his 87th birthday, driving to Brigham City to deliver a paper cutter

I love that we have to TRY and talk him out of climbing on his roof to put up Christmas lights!

I love that he has been an avid photographer for more than 60 years

I love that he sometimes has 3 different cameras around his neck

I love that he wants to go skiing

I love that he is always happy

I love that he loves a good fire

I love that every Season is his favorite

I love that he is smart

I love that he is witty

I love his sense of humor

I love his positive attitude

I love that he was a pilot in World War II

I love that he loves airplanes

I love how he tells jokes

I love that he was the quarterback for Pleasant Grove HS

I love that he is computer savvy

I love that he loves his ipod

I love that he is constantly reading a book or two or three

I love that he is always working in the yard/garden

I love that he loves to travel

I love that he has a good memory

I love that he can make his Grand kids laugh

I love that he can tell a good story

I love that I could go on all day listing things that I love about him

I LOVE THAT HE IS MY DAD!

....Bye now

4 comments:

Emily Call said...

Yay for Grandpa. He is the BEST! Happy Birthday.

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday to Grandpa...he is the best...I'm so glad he is ours.

Karli said...

I love grandpa!!

Linda :) said...

I Love Love Love my Dad!!! What's not to Love? sweet personality, always happy, so so funny, super nice, all around pure goodness :)