Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Discover Utah

My ward has a focus group that meets once a month called Discover Utah. It is basically a field trip for grown ups! Each month we explore one or two places that are fun and interesting, then afterwards we go somewhere yummy for lunch. The group has visited places like museums, graveyards, consignment stores, secret gardens etc. Last Wednesday we met at Marilyn's and then carpooled down to Highland Farm Nursery. This place was awesome! They have huge flower pots and hanging baskets that are simply gorgeous for really good prices. I bought a couple of them, one for my Mom and one for my Mother in law for Mothers Day. On our way to the nursery we drove right past Dear Lizzy. It is the cutest boutique/bistro where my niece Courtney works. I was going to suggest this place for a future Discover Utah trip, but since we were just around the corner from it I suggested we go there for lunch. If you haven't been to either place, grab your girlfriends and go asap... you will be glad you did. I forgot to take my camera with me, but I have already been back (that is how awesome they are!)
Proof of which can be seen below

Highland Farms
Sooo pretty!

Dear Lizzy
Oooh baby!
Lunch anyone?


















Let's share a Dizzy Lizzy!

5 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karli said...

Lets go to Dear Lizzie! I still haven't been

Brooke said...

That is such a fantastic idea! I have been to Dear Lizzie and I love it...but I am going to have to make a trip down to Highland Gardens!

Holly said...

That's a fun idea for a ward focus group. Fun!

Justin said...

Oh my goodness, this is just the cutest idea ever! I want to just die! ADORABLE!!!

Seriously though, great pics, that class is already serving you well.