Saturday, May 24, 2008

High roller treatment Baby!

For our anniversary we decided to get out of the cold and head south where it was going to be nice and warm. We spent the first couple of days in sunny St. George and then on Wednesday, the morning of our anniversary we drove down to Vegas. A friend of ours has a sister who is the director of VIP at the Wynn hotel. She hooked us up and got us a discounted rate in one of the tower suites. This hotel is by far the best one in Vegas, and is the only 5 star 5 diamond hotel on the strip. It cost 7 billion yes I said billion...dollars to build, needless to say we had a great time.
Entrance to the VIP Lobby

The ceilings are as pretty as the floors!
Goldfish surround the walkways, and with the sunlight shining through the glass ceilings they seem to sparkle.

Room with a view!
When we got back from dinner our room was filled with fun surprises like this comfortable robe...
a chilled bottle of Sparkling Cider...
chocolate covered strawberries in a bowl made out of chocolate!

We decided since the room was so nice we would spend the rest of the evening in. With the push of a tiny button next to our bed, the curtains magically opened revealing a sea of white twinkling lights that stretch out for miles creating a very romantic view. We threw on our amazing satin robes, climbed into the most comfortable bed ever and....

watched the season finale of American Idol on our giant flat screen TV! ha ha ha It was an awesome night except for the fact that David Archuleta didn't win. I totally thought he was going to after he performed so well the night before. Oh well I really like David Cook too so I wasn't super upset about it, just a little sad for Archie.

Before we went to bed I put this sign on our door thinking it would guarantee us a few extra hours of sleep in the morning. Well it almost worked except for the fact that my dad called my cell phone bright and early (Vegas is an hour earlier than Salt Lake) to see if we were having a good time in St. George! I woke Pat and the neighbors up trying to talk loud enough in my cell phone so my Dad could hear me! :) I love my Dad he is the best!!! It's funny because it made me realize how much more I love him than sleeping in on vacation!

5 comments:

Amazed said...

Oh my gosh! I can't wait to go there...my son gets VIP treatment at the Wynn! I wanna go.

My father-in-law called us bright and early on our HONEYMOON and said, "What are you doing?"

I'll tell you the rest of the story later!

Lisa said...

that is so funny!! I can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

Emily Call said...

How fun. Glad you guys had a fun time.

Brooke said...

Pure jealousy! That hotel looked gorgeous!!

Holly said...

That looks like a lot of fun!