Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Friendship Cruise

 FRIENDSHIP!

Friendship Cruise was the theme for our Relief Society Summer Social this year. It was held in Jan England's gorgeous backyard and the weather couldn't have been nicer!



Cute ladies in my ward
Dan grilling hamburgers for our delicious dinner
Ladies in red
The new mommies
Dinner at the Captains tables



After dinner Paula read a cute poem about friends and then we played a fun game. She had everyone write down something that only their best friend would know, then called some of the ladies to come up and read what they had written. We all tried to guess who's was who's. It was fun to learn some interesting things that we didn't already know like.... Susan's worst date was one of the Osmond brothers....glad to know it wasn't Donny (I have a little crush:) Allison out ran a police officer....what? Golda Lenord shined John Wayne's boots...pretty cool!


Dessert was sorbet in the actual scooped out shell of each fruit that we decorated by sticking a cute little drink umbrella in them. If you look close in this picture you can see Paula's pineapple sorbet, and in the background Eileen's coconut sorbet with the turquoise blue umbrella sticking out of it. The flavors were pineapple, coconut, lemon & orange mango...mmmm delicious! 

After dinner Libby Hargrove's group came up and performed a medley of songs about friendship. As usual it was darling and added so much to our night on the friendship cruise.

I tried to record it but my battery was going dead. I thought I only missed a few seconds of it, but it only recorded the last little bit! arrrgh! 
Here are the lyrics instead....

First verse was to the tune "On the Good Ship Lollipop." Second verse was to the tune "Getting to know you" from Oliver. Third verse was to the tune "I'd do anything for you" from The King and I.

1. On the Good Ship Friendship where the sisters meet, they're so cool and hip no matter the stage, Relief Society is all the rage. Newly married, student or single, young family or empty nest, where ever you are, you are simply the very best!  This is your night on the Frienship Cruise, kick your shoes off....it's time to schmooze don't worry a titch- we'll be sail'in without a hitch.

2. And we're.... Getting to know you, getting to know all about you, when life's topsy turvey we will be there to see you through. Getting to know you, only a cell phone away, chat-text or email- can chase the blues away!

3. And.... We'd do anything for you sisters - anything for you sister's any thing at all. Would you tend my kids? Anything! Would you sew for me? Anything! Laugh or cry with me Anything! Bake a pie for me? Anything! Any Any Anything at all!
The evening ended with entertainment by Cole Barnson and Ryan Darton from the band Kid Theodore. These guys rocked! First they performed a couple of familiar tunes, then a few from their albums, and ended by each taking a turn performing a love song. They did such a great job and it was fun watching them perform! (especially since they are from our very own ward:)

3 comments:

Emily Call said...

Sounds like it turned out so fun!

Amazed said...

I really think you should have warned me that you posted about this...talk about rubbing it in!!! I HATE to miss these parties!

Holly said...

Cute! Sounds fun. I know Cole, I did his wedding invites.