Monday, August 4, 2008

My Knights Tale

One of the reasons I was excited to see the new Batman movie was because of the role of the Joker, played by the talented actor Heath Ledger. I have been a fan of Heath's since I first discovered him on the big screen 8 years ago in the movie "A Knights Tale" and was immediately awestruck! I admit there were probably a few things that helped me become such an instant fan of Heath Ledger that night, first... the movie was positively awesome, and second... I couldn't take my eyes off of Heath's brown peeps! 

There I sat, holding a tub of buttery popcorn with my mouth practically hanging open not believing what I was seeing... A Knight in shining armor bearing an uncanny resemblance to what my husband looked like when we first met some twenty years earlier! Same squinty brown eyes, same pencil thin eyebrows, same high cheekbones, same wide jawbone, same lips, same hair..... yes you read this right I said hair! Back in the day when Pat had a full head of hair, his disheveled mop looked very similar to Sir Ledger's, especially when it was messy like in the picture below.... take a gander

Ladies Man
What is he doing?

Prom King! 
This is not the best picture of Pat.... he looks like he thinks he is pretty hot stuff when in reality he was probably mortified and thinking "do you really have to take my picture?"

Yes Pat WAS a Cheerleader.... but at our High School it was a very cool thing to be, and just so you know they were complete studs! 

Well that's enough of that, now back to the movie review..... I found myself absorbing in all of the fantastic comparisons like the fact that it was set in the 1400's but filled with music from the 70's (which is when we first met) and that Heath Ledger's character and Pat's demeanor were notably similar. I was as giddy as a teenager! I hadn't enjoyed a movie this much in a long time.... it was entertaining, it was fun, it was witty, it was clever.... I was in love! 
In love with the movie! In love with my husband! 
And even though he no longer resembles the fresh young movie star that was staring down at me from the movie screen that night, he is still and will always be my Knight in shining armor!


(Sorry Pat for ratting you out and undoubtedly making you blush!:)

8 comments:

Jake Davies said...

aww :D dad is such a cutie haha.

Emily Call said...

So fun to see those pictures of Pat. Wow, he really does have a strong resemblance of Heath Ledger.

cori said...

I have always thought Pat looks like Heath or Heath looks like Pat. Cute pictures!
cori

Justin said...

hahaha, I can STILL remember getting a letter in Denmark just gushing about that movie, and about Heath Ledger and the fact that he looked like a young Patrick C.

Great stuff.

Amazed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amazed said...

When I first read this, I thought it said you were "8 year's old" when you saw A Knight's Tale...and I was going to shoot myself! It is one of my favorite movies of all time....and now, I'll have to swoon everytime I see your husband! The pictures were amazing! The hair.....I know just what you mean!!! What a great post!

robyn said...

I love that you posted pictures of Pat as a cheerleader!!! What a stud!!

Karli said...

I love those old pictures of dad. they are so funny