Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy Sixteenth!

Jacob Christopher

My early Christmas gift 12-12-92
Born 5 weeks early
5 lbs 7 ounces 18 inches long

This little Santa doll was bigger than Jake!

Blessing day (2 months old)
He sure got chubby fast!

Jake 7 months old...he was such a happy baby!

Jake could nap anywhere...dangling off the couch

in the car:)

even standing up!

Easter Egg hunt at the Farm
(too bad this kid had zero personality! ha ha ha:D

Here is a little cleaner Easter pic:)

Three years old

Jake loved cars & trrrrrucks!
Jake the Cowboy... I loved this phase :D

"Riding the wave Saint George style!"
Jake's creative eye found this "wave" while hiking:D

When Jake was a little boy he loved anything
that had a steering wheel


.......still does!


Jake with his Dad and "big" Brother

Jazz Fan Jake with his Sister's and Cousin's

I love you Jake !
Thanks for being such an awesome son!
Thanks for being a good sport... most/some of the time and putting up with all the nonsense you get from your older siblings by being the "baby" of the family. Thanks for the energy you bring and for keeping us on our toes! We love you and our family would not be the same without you!!!

7 comments:

Emily Call said...

Happy Birthday Jake! Fun pictures... blast to the past.

Karli said...

happy birthday jake! i love all of these pictures! especially the one of him asleep on the bench.

Patrick Davies said...

My favorite picture is the one just after Jake was born, not because I think babies are cute - quite the opposite :), but I didn't think he'd make it. Since we had lost Kylie when she was early (a lot more early than Jake), I'd just assumed that the same would happen with Jake. I spent half the night just preparing myself to go get a gave plot, casket, etc., like before. I didn't say anything to Lisa as not to upset her. The Docs and Nurses acted much the same as with Kylie, so I accepted things as they were to be. You can imagine how happy I was when Lisa told me that babies survive when 5 weeks premature. How dumb am I? So luckily Jake was born and became my favorite youngest son. Jake is awesome.

Jake Davies said...

thanks mom! I love the post! I can't believe I'm 16! I remember being that little and taking all those naps! Thanks for the post! I love it! and thanks for the great birthday and raising me for 16 years. :)

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Jake!

Primary said...

These pictures are too cute! I love Jake the Cowboy, I wish he still dressed up like him. These pictures remind me of my dad when he was little. Too funny. Happy Birthday "little" Jakey.

Justin said...

A couple thoughts:

I can't believe the little bugger is 16

I've always LOVED the picture of Jake with the easter egg in his mouth - perfectly captures who he is.

And what on earth is up with the whole calling me his "big" brother. I resent those quotation marks.