Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cuckoo for Christmas!

On the fourth day of Christmas my true
love gave to me....

Four COUGHING birds!

My little birdies...Justin, Ashley, Karli & Jake have been (for lack of a better term) Coughing their guts out for the past three weeks! I am happy to say that most of the coughing has quieted down to just one last little birdie.... Karli. After being on her medicine for 5 days with no signs of improvement, I took her to the doctors again yesterday and not only was her pneumonia not getting any better she had an infection in both ears! Doctor Schmidt put her on some new antibiotics and had two nurses come in and give her a shot in both her thighs at the same time! When they were done one of the nurse's apologized to Karli and told her she has nightmares of getting that shot....Ouch! It is a very painful shot because the serum is so thick...I felt so bad for her that I wanted to cry!l Ok... so maybe I DID cry a little:) She was so sick that she could hardly sit up and all she wanted to do was go home and go to bed. As soon as we got back that is exactly what she did, and she has been there ever since! I have to call the Doctor in the morning and if she hasn't shown improvement he wants to put her in the Hospital! I sure hope she gets better quick.... we need a Christmas miracle:)

Between the six of us we have been to the Doctors 13 times in the past three weeks... but who's counting?! I'm guessing that is more sick visits for us than in the last twenty seven years of raising my kids!!!

2 comments:

Emily Call said...

This seriously breaks my heart... Karli you have to get better soon!!! I am thinking of you.

robyn said...

I am praying for a Christmas Miracle! how sad that Karli is sick! Get better soon Kars!!!!!